- 5/18, 10p @ Rye Bar, Athens, GA
- 5/19, 8p @ The Cave, Chapel Hill, NC
- 5/20, 5p ACOUSTIC SET! @ Between Books, Claymont, DE
- 5/21, 7p @ Green Line Cafe, Philly, PA
- 5/23, 8p @ Radio Bean, Burlington, VT
- 5/24, 8p @ IOTA Club and Cafe, Washington DC
- 5/25, 9p @ Blue Parrot, Wilmington, DE
- 5/26, 10p @ Evening Muse, Charlotte, NC
Friday, March 20, 2009
Fully-Charmed Kinda Night
Indeed, above is your favorite neighborhood rock band, plus our dynamite publicist Kelly Rayner (she hates when I call her "dynamite") sharing an embrace with Third Eye Blind's charismatic frontman Stephan Jenkins taken in the green room at the House of Blues in New Orleans after we opened up for them on 3/18. Stephan popped in our room right after our set and mused: "You know, it's like Bono said to me after we opened up for U2 in San Francisco: 'What's the point of us going on now? You wrecked it." Mind you, 'wrecked it' is a good thing coming from an Irishman, apparently. We'll take the redirected compliment any day. Later on in the night he gave members of our entourage gifts of organic cereal and rice milk. What a guy.
We befriended Mr. Jenkins as the night wore on, collectively waxing poetic over Abita Amber at Ryan's pub down the street from the venue. We found out he knows a heck of a lot about microfinance, particularly the movement currently being spearheaded by Kiva. We share his spirit for it, as does our close associate Erica Trani, manager of IN Exchange, the coolest store in New Orleans--nay, the PLANET.
A good time was had by all. Let's do it again sometime.