Below is a little homemade video of us making a trailer to our indie-rock opera '1986'. We filmed it in a theater space inside the New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts (NOCCA), a performing arts conservatory for high school students, of which 4 out of 5 of us are alums (George was in Nicaragua at the time). They were kind enough to let us use the space and put up some decor of our own. We appreciate the privilege immensely.
As the days wear on, we'll be revealing more, little by little, in a heartachingly slow and deliberate manner.
Because we're jerks.
- 5/18, 10p @ Rye Bar, Athens, GA
- 5/19, 8p @ The Cave, Chapel Hill, NC
- 5/20, 5p ACOUSTIC SET! @ Between Books, Claymont, DE
- 5/21, 7p @ Green Line Cafe, Philly, PA
- 5/23, 8p @ Radio Bean, Burlington, VT
- 5/24, 8p @ IOTA Club and Cafe, Washington DC
- 5/25, 9p @ Blue Parrot, Wilmington, DE
- 5/26, 10p @ Evening Muse, Charlotte, NC
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Larger than life
So, Saturday we'll be filming a trailer for our rock opera and thought we'd run by Party City to pick up some supplies. Naturally, I was distracted by the ginormous gumball machine.
We'll also be releasing some tracks from the opera as our '1986 EP' just in time for the holidays. It's our little way of saying "Feliz Kwanzaa".