- 5/18, 10p @ Rye Bar, Athens, GA
- 5/19, 8p @ The Cave, Chapel Hill, NC
- 5/20, 5p ACOUSTIC SET! @ Between Books, Claymont, DE
- 5/21, 7p @ Green Line Cafe, Philly, PA
- 5/23, 8p @ Radio Bean, Burlington, VT
- 5/24, 8p @ IOTA Club and Cafe, Washington DC
- 5/25, 9p @ Blue Parrot, Wilmington, DE
- 5/26, 10p @ Evening Muse, Charlotte, NC
Friday, June 19, 2009
Tour Highlights: 1126 House
Last night we had the honor of headlining the inaugural show for 1126 House, a hip new house show joint in Hattiesburg. It's about a mile from Southern Miss and the neighbors are sweet. It was an unforgettable night of merriment and camaraderie. Friendships were forged and lives were changed. Forever. (Cue 'Salsbury Hill' by Peter Gabriel.)
Bands play for donations and a couple guys from some prominent Hattiesburg/Meridian, MS bands run the place not-for-profit style. Bands can sleep there, get fed, get showered, get free wireless internet (hence, this blog post). Hattiesburg people are generous, as we continue to learn.
Chase these cats down the information superhighway on MySpace. They also host the site hattiesburgmusic.com. It's a cool, interactive hub a la NewOrleansIndieRock.com.
The globetrotting continues. See you there.